Alex Guarnaschelli is a Manhattan native, and the daughter of cookbook editor Maria Guarnaschelli. She is graduate a of Barnard College, and has has worked at a number of restaurants in France, New York and Los Angeles, including Larry Forgione's "An American Place" and Guy Savoy's "La Butte Chaillot," as well as Daniel Boulud's self-titled "Daniel" and Joachim Splichal's "Patina." She is currently the executive chef at "Butter," where she is known for using seasonal greenmarket ingredients.
She will be a contestant in the third All-Stars tournament, her second time in one.
- Has been a competitor on The Food Network's "Iron Chef America", taking on Cat Cora in the 2007 "Farmers' Market Battle."
- Stars in her own Food Network television show, "Alex’s Day Off."
- Host of The Food Network's "The Cooking Loft with Alex Guarnaschelli."
- Guest judge on Food Network's "Iron Chef America."
- Guest judge on the Food Network competition show "Food Network Challenge."
- Guest judge on the Food Network cooking competition show "Chopped."
- Guest on the Food Network series "The Best Thing I Ever Ate."