|Season 5, Episode 11|
|Air date||October 19, 2010|
When Octopuses Attack
It's Halloween, Chopped style! The mystery baskets are filled with treats, and the trick is on the four brave competitors. In the Appetizer Round, the chefs labor to unite a disturbing combination of ingredients, including a very daunting piece of meat. Then when the remaining chefs dare to go on to the Entrée Round, they find themselves up against more super scary ingredients, but it is fear of the clock that causes the most serious problems. And just when they thought it was safe to go back in the kitchen ... jeepers creepers! The finalists are in for a stunner.
- Marja Samsom, Chef and Restaurateur, The Kitchen Club, New York, NY
- Mike Solyn, Freelance Chef, New York, NY
- Tess Middlebrook, Private Chef, New York, NY
- Michael Vignola, Executive Chef, Michael Jordan's Steak House, New York, NY
Ingredients: Canned Pumpkin, Malted Chocolate Balls, Pie Crust, Lamb Heart
Ingredients: Gummy Teeth, Flour Tortillas, Huitlacoche, Black Chicken
Ingredients: Kumquats, Cheddar Pennies, Chipotle Peppers, Grasshoppers
- Michael is the first contestant in Chopped history to leave off a mystery ingredient and win.